Children are sensitive in every sense of the word. From mental health to body growth, a lot contributes to the overall health of kids. While topics such as oral hygiene, eating habits, etc are most talked about, there’s one evil that remains hidden and that is, the toxic effects of clothing. That's right, something as simple as kids’ clothing can prove to be extremely harmful to kids. With children’s skin being 30% thinner than that of adults, any harmful chemicals from their clothing can easily be absorbed into the skin. This is why it’s important for parents to make the decision of choosing naturally sourced fabric for kidswear. Not only is it safer for your kids but also comfortable, breathable and more sustainable.
Here are 5 reasons why your kidswear should be made of naturally sourced fabrics-
1. They are softer : Children can be sensitive to the feel of clothes and fabrics, especially those with sensitive skin. They will always feel more comfortable in kidswear made from a soft, organic fabric that doesn't irritate their skin. Organic fabrics such as Tencel Modal are perfect for kidswear because of their supremely smooth properties. Modal is made from modal fibers grown from beechwood trees. It has the natural feel and warmth of cotton with the softness of silk and wool.
Kidswear, especially underwear for kids’ made from Tencel Modal, is known for its smooth fabric and snug fit which keeps kids comfortable 24/7.
2. Natural fabrics are more breathable : Naturally sourced fabrics are considerably softer than man-made fabrics. Obtained naturally from beechwood trees, Tencel Modal is a special type of fabric that is lightweight, soft and breathable. It's made from cellulose pulp derived from wood fibers and has natural moisture-wicking properties that help keep sweat away from the kids’ body’s surface to avoid irritation and discomfort. Children spend most of their time playing outdoors or doing other physical activities, so kidswear made of a good breathable fabric will not only keep them fresh and fuss-free but also unleash their true potential.
3. They are more durable : Naturally sourced fabrics such as Tencel Modal are far more durable than other fabrics. Tencel Modal is a cross between cotton and rayon, so it's soft and has a luxurious feel to it. It’s also durable, meaning that kidswear made from it can withstand more wear and tear without getting holes. It is a durable material that lasts much longer than other fabrics and has many benefits. Kidswear made of Tencel Modal is very durable and requires little maintenance, unlike other fabrics that tear easily. You don’t need to worry about buying new clothes for your kids every few months because this fabric will last a long time.
4. Gentle on the skin : Tencel modal is a type of fabric that is made from the wood pulp of eucalyptus trees. It comes with many benefits that make it the best choice for kids' innerwear.First, it is gentle on the skin and doesn't cause skin irritation, unlike other synthetic fabrics. Second, it is soft to the touch and feels comfortable against the skin. Tencel modal also has a high level of breathability and moisture management. Last but not least, Tencel Modal fabrics are very easy to wash and maintain which means less time needed for laundry!
5. They are sustainable : Just as the name suggests, naturally sourced fabrics are derived from nature, which means they are most sustainable. As the world moves toward more sustainable and eco-friendly clothing choices, it is inevitable that the same happens to kidswear. Tencel modal is a unique fabric that is eco-friendly. Made from cellulose, it can be found on Beechwood trees in the form of long slender threads. The process of converting these cellulose fibers into a soft, lightweight fabric takes place without any loss to the natural environment. Tencel modal has a natural resistance to shrinkage, fading, stretching, and pilling. It also requires less water during the manufacturing process compared to cotton which makes it an apt choice for kidswear.
Children can be sensitive to the feel of clothes and fabrics, especially those with sensitive skin. They will always feel more comfortable in clothes made from a soft fabric that doesn't irritate their skin. They grow at an incredible rate and it is important to have clothes that will still fit them when they are grown up. Kidswear made from natural fabrics such as Tencel Modal and cotton stretch mold to their body shape without leaving any marks or wrinkles.
Natural fabrics last longer than synthetics because they don't contain any chemicals that can break down over time. This means your kidswear will last for years without needing to be replaced, which is great for the environment!